The tour of Alsace by bike
Travel through traditional Alsace during a tour of Alsace by bike between vineyards and villages
Your route will take you to Selestat then Colmar, town of Art and Capital of Alsace wines. Do not miss the picturesque district of “Little Venice”. You then enter the wine sector with the backdrop of the Ballon d’Alsace, the highest point of the Vosges mountains that you will follow during the next days by cycling up the wine route north. Let yourself be guided by this superb bicycle route through this vineyard, nestled at the foot of the Vosges mountains and punctuated by multiple villages, each as charming as the next. A real invitation to taste the characteristic white wines of Alsace, in a bar or a wine-growing estate, and local gastronomy made up of good dishes (!) and pastries that will delight you. Gubwiller, Riquewih, or Mittelbergehim: some of the villages that you will pass through and which are among the most beautiful villages in France.
You will reach Obernai, a superb traditional village with half-timbered houses, colorful facades and flowered balconies, before ending your cycling trip with a final step along the Bruche canal until Strasbourg.
- Starsbourg, the European Parliament and the lovely “Petite France” disctrict
- The picturesque villages with their colorful and flowery half-timbered houses
- The traditional villages of the Ried on the banks of the Rhine in the Alsace plain
- The charming wine route along the Vosges mountains
- Colmar and its narrow streets lined with medieval buildings.
Arrival in Strasbourg, settling at the hotel and free time to explore the town.
You will leave Strasbourg along the Rhône-Rhine canal which will lead you along its very pretty cycle track into the heart of the Ried.
You will travel through the landscapes and villages of the Alsatian Ried which is rich in aquatic flora and fauna. Arrival in Colmar the capital of the wine of Alsace and the town of art by the cycle track of the channel of Colmar.
From Colmar you follow the alsatian wine route. The dreamy wine-growing villages, with many Alsatian timber-frame houses, and magnificent mediaeval town centres in the midst of extensive vineyards are areas for unwinding, enjoyment and simply relaxing.
At the foot of the Vosges nestle the winemaking villages responsible for the reputation of the Alsatian Grand Crus: Eguisheim, Turckheim, Kaysersberg and Riquewihr.
Along the Wine Route you will discover the villages of Ribeauvillé, Bergheim, Andlau and its abbey, Barr and Obernai.
Country roads and cycle tracks will take you to Rosheim and to Avolsheim. From there, along the cycle track on the banks of the Bruche canal, you will reach the capital of Europe: Strasbourg.
We take care of transporting your luggage at each change of accommodation so that you travel light and take full advantage of your daily hike.
You leave your luggage at the reception of your accommodation before your departure .
At the end of the afternoon, you will find them at the reception of your new accommodation or directly in your room.
Luggage accepted per person: 1 suitcase or travel bag (20 kg maximum) + 1 piece of hand luggage.
We remind you that rental bicycles are equipped with saddlebags to be used to transport the things you deem useful for the day
Your travel record corresponds to the documents or files you receive before your trip (usually a month before) and upon arrival at the first accommodation.
- A welcome letter with the main practical information:
- The time slot for baggage transport
- Details of the delivery and collection of bikes from rental if necessary
- Your local contact and telephone number (s) in case of emergency
- Any additional information
- The logbook travel package including map with the route (to the appropriate scale) and directional, tourist and practical indications
- The necessary voucher (s) to be given to the service provider (s) (only if necessary!)
On request and depending on the circuits:
- The “Evazio” application to download from smartphone for “GPS” navigation with visual guidance (reading of the track on the your smartphone) and / or oral.
- The application also contains practical and tourist information. Once the trip has been downloaded, no internet connection is necessary
- The loan of a GPS device with the pre-recorded tracks
- Sends GPX tracks of each stage to be used with your own navigation support
On this circuit, we suggest that you provide you with the choice and by reservation:
- A hybrid bike suitable for hiking and for the route
- An electric bike adapted to the route
With its equipment:
- 1 rear bag
- 1 handlebar bag
- 1 set of repair
- 1 helmet
- 1 anti-theft device
- 1 charger (for the electric bike)
For the youngest, we can offer depending on age and size
- A child’s bike
- A baby seat
- A trailer
- A follow-up bike
The bike is delivered to the first accommodation and is adjusted to your size.
At the end of the tour, the bike must be left at the last accommodation with its equipment. We will take care of their recovery.
The type of accommodation is classified into 3 ranges:
Comfort : The circuit mainly presents hotels classified 2 and 3 stars (or equivalent) and rooms of host.
Superior : The circuit mainly presents hotels classified 3 and 4 stars (or equivalent) and charming guest rooms.
Luxury : The circuit mainly presents 4 and 5 star hotels or equivalent
Our support team remains available for the duration of your trip.