Short bike tour in the Gulf of Morbihan, Brittany
Short bike tour of the Gulf of Morbihan, in Brittany
We propose here a short bike tour in the Gulf of Morbihan, from Vannes, a city of art and history. Go for a cycling holiday and discover the islands of the Gulf of Morbihan by bike: the île d’Arz” and the “Île aux Moines”, which are the charm of this little ” inland sea “. Cycling in Brittany between land, sea, islands and peninsulas.The ferry boat shuttles, a true institution of the Gulf, will first take you to the “île of Arz” with your bikes. This island invites you to enjoy the sweetness of life. It is animated of course by its visitors who come to rediscover it every year but also by young farmers who reconquer the island in organic production. Several megalithic monuments bear witness to the human activity there for thousands of years.You will then join the southern Gulf via the Séné peninsula, an invitation to bird watching, then the Rhuys peninsula with its marina and the medieval castle of Suscinio.After a night in Arzon and an evening walk in the Navalo port, the gateway to the Gulf of Morbihan, an other boat shuttle will take you to the “Île aux Moines”, the largest island in the Gulf. You will then follow by your the many paths in the woods, along the pretty gardens, villas and beaches lined with picturesque cabins.
A final crossing by boat to reach the mainland and return quietly to Vannes. Ideal “gentle” bike trip for couples or families.
- The city of Art and History of Vannes
- The Moines island and Arz island
- The alternation of boat transfers and bike rides
- The gentle coastal bike rides
- The castle of Suscino and the charming village of Sarzeau
Arrival in Vannes and check in in your hotel after 4pm. Take time to visit the very charming city of Vannes
Meeting with our guide in your hotel before your Gulf of Morbihan cycling tour
From Vannes downtown, you ride about 3 km to reach the pier of Arz island . You leave the beautiful city of Vannes by boat to reach the island.
On the island, you need about 10km cycling to go around all the points accessible by bike. We leave you here free to stroll at your leisure, without a precise route. Let yourself be surprised at the bend of these paths and small roads that offers you thousands of wonders. Enyoy the amazing colors of the gulf’s waters. Night on the island (version confort) or in Vannes (version superior)
A first boat drops you on the peninsula of Sene. You’ll cycle a few kilometers along the gulf surrounded by a cacophony of birds singing. A sea shuttle then connects you to the Rhuys Peninsula. You ride along the southern shores of this “petite mer” (little inland sea) to reach Arzon. in between,you will visit the castle of Suscinio and the small village of Sarzeau. Very nice bike route with small roads and greenways.
The ferryman takes you to Île aux Moines for this last island day. A pleasant discovery of the island on the small car-free roads of this little paradise. Self-guided bike ride on this small island. It is certainly with regret you will have to take the boat again and reach the northern shores of the Gulf to reach Vannes
End of your trip after breakfast
We take care of transporting your luggage at each change of accommodation so that you travel light and take full advantage of your daily hike.
You leave your luggage at the reception of your accommodation before your departure .
At the end of the afternoon, you will find them at the reception of your new accommodation or directly in your room.
Luggage accepted per person: 1 suitcase or travel bag (20 kg maximum) + 1 piece of hand luggage.
We remind you that rental bicycles are equipped with saddlebags to be used to transport the things you deem useful for the day
Your travel record corresponds to the documents or files you receive before your trip (usually a month before) and upon arrival at the first accommodation.
- A welcome letter with the main practical information:
- The time slot for baggage transport
- Details of the delivery and collection of bikes from rental if necessary
- Your local contact and telephone number (s) in case of emergency
- Any additional information
- The logbook travel package including map with the route (to the appropriate scale) and directional, tourist and practical indications
- The necessary voucher (s) to be given to the service provider (s) (only if necessary!)
On request and depending on the circuits:
- The “Evazio” application to download from smartphone for “GPS” navigation with visual guidance (reading of the track on the your smartphone) and / or oral.
- The application also contains practical and tourist information. Once the trip has been downloaded, no internet connection is necessary
- The loan of a GPS device with the pre-recorded tracks
- Sends GPX tracks of each stage to be used with your own navigation support
On this circuit, we suggest that you provide you with the choice and by reservation:
- A hybrid bike suitable for hiking and for the route
- An electric bike adapted to the route
With its equipment:
- 1 rear bag
- 1 handlebar bag
- 1 set of repair
- 1 helmet
- 1 anti-theft device
- 1 charger (for the electric bike)
For the youngest, we can offer depending on age and size
- A child’s bike
- A baby seat
- A trailer
- A follow-up bike
The bike is delivered to the first accommodation and is adjusted to your size.
At the end of the tour, the bike must be left at the last accommodation with its equipment. We will take care of their recovery.
This tour is available in a comfort or superior version :
The type of accommodation is classified into 3 ranges:
Comfort : The circuit mainly presents hotels classified 2 and 3 stars (or equivalent) and rooms of host.
Superior : The circuit mainly presents hotels classified 3 and 4 stars (or equivalent) and charming guest rooms.
Luxury : The circuit mainly presents 4 and 5 star hotels or equivalent
Our support team remains available for the duration of your trip.